Re: URL dispatcher in webbrowser

On Mon, Oct 12, 2015 at 8:30 AM, Krzysztof Tataradziński
<ktatar156@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> W dniu 11.10.2015 o 21:52, Olivier Tilloy pisze:
>> > Can you please elaborate on what you mean by "using the url dispatcher
>> > in the browser"?
>> > The browser already delegates URLs with schemes it cannot handle to
>> > the url dispatcher (e.g. "tel:", "mailto:";, "intent:" and the like).
>> > If this doesn’t work it’s a bug indeed, but not a known one.
>>
>> I think what he meant is delegating URLs that the browser can handle,
>> but there's an app registered for as well. I.e. the youtube app would
>> (optionally, this likely depends on the URL dispatcher getting UI to
>> select between multiple registered handlers for the same URL) be invoked
>> for all youtube.com URLs, regardless that the browser can handle it
>> internally.
>>

> Yes, exactly! :) Another example - browser should open Wikipedia app when we
> visit their website. Does Canonical working on it?

No, there is no such functionality in the browser, and we’re not
planning on implementing it.
oxide does have an API to register custom URL scheme handlers
(WebContext.allowedExtraUrlSchemes), but that won’t work for
overriding known schemes such as http.

HTH,

 Olivier