Re: Permissions dialog for address book contacts?

On Thu, Oct 15, 2015 at 8:49 AM, Jani Monoses <jani.monoses@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> as it was brought up before on this list and elsewhere, regular apps do not
> have direct access to address book contacts, and for good reason. One can
> get vcards via the content hub interactively, whereas the avatars are not
> accessible even there, needing the QtContacts API.
Yes you can.
VCards contains the avatar encoded in a base64 string (VCARD
standard). You will need to parse the vcard and decode that on your
side.
If you are receiving vcards without avatar please report a bug.

> Was the possibility of allowing direct AddressBook DBus and QtContact
> accesses gated by a nice Allow/Deny dialog like we now have for the camera?
>
> This would be easier both for developers and friendlier for users IMHO. Am I
> missing a reason why this is not possible technically?
We have been discussing this for a while, but the security team has
some concerns about this approach for contacts.
Unfortunately we do not have a solution for this right now.