Re: Disable accounts with invalid credentials

On 19 October 2015 at 09:28, Alberto Mardegan <
alberto.mardegan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> In account-polld case, it could work that when account-polld encounters
> an authentication failure which requires the user intervention, it would
> emit a notification, which once tapped would open the default mail
> client.

I want to argue that this logic be placed elsewhere. If/when account-polld
becomes unnecessary, we lose this logic. So any code we add to
account-polld that we want for all time, essentially becomes technical debt.

And if a Google account is broken, who is going to tell the user if
account-polld does not “see” it? If account-polld is the canary in the
accounts mine, then a broken Google account only accessed by calendard and
contacts, will stay silently broken.

I'm new to account-polld and I know little about online-accounts,
libsignon, etc, so please correct me. :)

BR, Jonas