Re: OTA-7 on bq e4.5 - first impressions

On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 5:57 PM, Ari Börde Kröyer <ari.kroyer@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Hi
>
> Having followed the Landing Team posts, I think I got my expectations up a
> bit too much prior to the OTA-7 update. I realize a lot is going on behind
> the scenes, so don't take this the wrong way. I just wish to report what I
> consider to be the main problems as an end user at the moment, 24 hours
> after updating, in the hope that this may help solve issues.

Ari thanks for your report, although its a bit disappointing

>    1. The screen very frequently does not wake up until the "on" button
>    has been pressed 3 times. Today, I also had to press it 4-5 times on a few
>    occasions. But usually, and quite consistently, it requires pressing the
>    button 3 times.
>
> This has not been reported or seen during our testing so may warrant a bug
report for more info.

>    1. Scrolling in general is often accompanied by screen lag.
>
> Is this worse now or just similar to earlier versions? is this in the dash
or apps or browser?

>    1. Starting the message service is still very slow. It takes a few
>    seconds before the messages turn up, then 10+ seconds until the phone
>    numbers are converted to names from the address book. After this you can
>    select a message thread, but you have to wait another few seconds before it
>    turns up on the screen. Entering the message is also frequently accompanied
>    by lag. Then, when you send the message, you usually have to hit the send
>    icon at least twice and wait another3-4 seconds for there to be a visible
>    result.
>
> We have some fixes pending that dd not quite make the update that will
address this. Although 10 secs sounds well  outside the norm.

>    1. When entering text, at least in the message service, if you want to
>    remove part of what you have written and use the backspace key to do so,
>    the effect is a bit odd: When it starts erasing a word at a time, if you
>    release the backspace before everything is gone, you are left with the
>    beginning of what you wrote, followed by a few of the last characters you
>    wrote, i.e. the ones you erased first. This happens every time.
>
> This is in the messaging app? I do not see this at all.

>    1. The phone still freezes from time to time. After waiting a few
>    seconds (and sometimes up to half a minute), I always restart the phone. I
>    have done this twice (or maybe three times) after updating.
>
> A number of memory and file descriptor leaks were fixed that should have
eliminated most of the freezes. Please try to narrow down how you reproduce
this, which apps you run, etc.

Thanks for the report.
Pat