Re: OTA-7 on bq e4.5 - first impressions

hi,
Am Dienstag, den 20.10.2015, 19:09 -0400 schrieb Pat McGowan:

>              1. When entering text, at least in the message service,
>                 if you want to remove part of what you have written
>                 and use the backspace key to do so, the effect is a
>                 bit odd: When it starts erasing a word at a time, if
>                 you release the backspace before everything is gone,
>                 you are left with the beginning of what you wrote,
>                 followed by a few of the last characters you wrote,
>                 i.e. the ones you erased first. This happens every
>                 time.
> This is in the messaging app? I do not see this at all.

i think this is the word suggestion feature, it behaves very weird
sometimes, if you try to edit something a few words before the last, put
your cursor there and start typing, the last word suddenly is underlined
and you notice you are editing the last word instead of the one at the
picked cursor position. similar, if a word is underlined it sometimes
deletes the whole word (or the parts of it that was added by the word
suggestion feature in one blob)

>              1. The phone still freezes from time to time. After
>                 waiting a few seconds (and sometimes up to half a
>                 minute), I always restart the phone. I have done this
>                 twice (or maybe three times) after updating.
> A number of memory and file descriptor leaks were fixed that should
> have eliminated most of the freezes. Please try to narrow down how you
> reproduce this, which apps you run, etc.

sometimes i see the browser and webapp input die completely (without it
recovering), this is fixed by  opening the spread (right swipe) for
me ...

ciao
	oli