[Development] PPP (Mainly PPTP and L2TP/IPSEC) support

Hello all,

I am really enjoying my BQ, thanks, great job so far.

I placed a VPN server at home, and I would like to be able to open a ppp vpn when outside (via the 4G and other WiFis), same as I do with my Ubuntu laptop and android devices.

L2TP/IPSEC support would be great, but I would settle even for PPTP with MPPE128.

An similar example of how I configure PPTP in Ubuntu desktop is shown here:
https://help.my-private-network.co.uk/support/solutions/articles/8452-pptp-on-linux-via-command-line

My stock OTA-7 Does not have PPP daemon installed, and does not have the ppp-generic package in the repo.

I can help with setting up VPNs from the phones, but first I would need some help obtaining pptp-linux, pptpd, ppp and curl packages.

Here are the error messages I get:

phablet@ubuntu-phablet:~$ sudo modprobe ppp-generic
[sudo] password for phablet:
modprobe: ERROR: ../libkmod/libkmod.c:557 kmod_search_moddep() could not open moddep file '/lib/modules/3.4.67/modules.dep.bin'

phablet@ubuntu-phablet:~$ sudo apt-get install pptp-linux pptpd ppp curl
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Package ppp is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source

Package curl is not available, but is referred to by another package.
is only available from another source

E: Unable to locate package pptp-linux
E: Unable to locate package pptpd
E: Package 'ppp' has no installation candidate
E: Package 'curl' has no installation candidate
phablet@ubuntu-phablet:~$

Here are my current sources (these are the default, I believe):

deb http://ports.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-ports/ vivid main restricted
deb-src http://ports.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-ports/ vivid main restricted

## Major bug fix updates produced after the final release of the
## distribution.
deb http://ports.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-ports/ vivid-updates main restricted
deb-src http://ports.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-ports/ vivid-updates main restricted

## N.B. software from this repository is ENTIRELY UNSUPPORTED by the Ubuntu
## team. Also, please note that software in universe WILL NOT receive any
## review or updates from the Ubuntu security team.
deb http://ports.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-ports/ vivid universe
deb-src http://ports.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-ports/ vivid universe
deb http://ports.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-ports/ vivid-updates universe
deb-src http://ports.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-ports/ vivid-updates universe

## N.B. software from this repository may not have been tested as
## extensively as that contained in the main release, although it includes
## newer versions of some applications which may provide useful features.
## Also, please note that software in backports WILL NOT receive any review
## or updates from the Ubuntu security team.
# deb http://ports.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-ports/ vivid-backports main restricted universe # deb-src http://ports.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-ports/ vivid-backports main restricted universe

deb http://ports.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-ports/ vivid-security main restricted
deb-src http://ports.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-ports/ vivid-security main restricted
deb http://ports.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-ports/ vivid-security universe