SIP phone, VoIP telephony integrated in Ubuntu Touch?

I've been looking for a decent, working SIP softphone for Ubuntu in
the last 24 hours or more.

During my research I figured that Liblinphone [1] is actually a
library that could easily be integrated into a phone core app for
VoIP/SIP phone calls. Some other user has asked for this before on
AskUbuntu [2] in 2013, specifically asking for an integrated solution,
not a separate app (like "Linphone" or "Empathy" for Ubuntu Touch).

[1] http://www.linphone.org/technical-corner/liblinphone/overview
[2] http://askubuntu.com/questions/262802/sip-client-in-ubuntu-touch

>From a user interface perspective this would make a lot of sense. At
the moment we have a nicely integrated dual-SIM solution, so why not
allow adding SIP providers (and "pretend" they were additional SIM
cards)? This could be awesome.

Technically, this should not be too difficult. One area requiring
examination would probably be the codecs, because some of the popular
ones are covered by patents and licenses incompatible with Debian
licensing [3]. For carriers this would probably be less of nice
feature. (But who cares about carriers? Really, as a user I'd rather
have a sensible choice for doing affordable phone calls, and pay a
decent fee for my data plan. Long live the freedom. Nevermind.)

[3] https://www.linphone.org/technical-corner/linphone/downloads
(section "Codec plugins")

What does Canonical think about this idea?

Peter