System restore

Hello,
Wondered if anyone could advise.
If I was to do a system restore on my MX4,  would that revert the phone back to an earlier release?  I'm finding the latest update (OTA 7) makes more functions difficult to use due to performance.
Only yesterday I launched the calculator app for it to take some time to load.
It's not just that app,  it most of them.  Even closing apps have become timely.
A simple app like calculator should take seconds to load.  It's becoming very frustrating.
I'd like to revert back to the day I brought the phone on Release 3 as I had no major issues with the phone function and it seemed better performance, despite some of the bugs.
Many thanks
Peter
--
Sent from Ubuntu Desktop