Re: Landing team 23.10.15

On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 12:35 PM, Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak <
lukasz.zemczak@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
>
> Everything moving in the standard pace so far. A new
> address-book-service, unity-scopes-shell and another webbrowser-app have
> landed throughout the day (packed with many good fixes). A big Unity8
> landing that was long in development, integrating unity-controlled mouse
> pointers, external screen support and many other convergence changes is
> now ready to land. The silo has been tested and now we're only waiting
> for a final archive admin binNEW review. Great stuff.

For those that might have been following our convergence story, what it
does mean is that every bit of goodness we'd been demonstrating out of the
prototype/demo code "silo 0" has now been officially reviewed, tested, and
now released into the phone image. It took us a bit longer than expected,
however the benefit of time provided high quality landing, no regression
and well tested features. It required significant changes across not only
in unity8, but qtmir, unity-api, and fixes from Mir0.17 from a few weeks
ago. Big thanks to the Unity8 & Mir teams for a steady hand, hard work, and
follow through. We're not done yet, but this was big hump - feature adds
should be a little easier now.