Re: phone total wipe

W dniu 26.10.2015 o 20:29, Matthias Apitz pisze:
>> Ive done a reinstall of my phone which gives you a fresh install but
>> > when i went to add a cron my crons still there

What was your method for a reinstall?

> I was thinking/hoping, that a fresh install is based on some kind of
> 'mkfs' (or whatever the tool is named in Ubuntu) and/or binary dd-copy
> of smaller images into the target files system. Ofc, mkfs will not wipe
> out blocks, but does not make old blocks accessible again for normal
> file commands.
>
> Thanks for any light in this

It is, the system partition is formatted if a full (as opposed to delta)
image is used. This is the case when using ubuntu-device-flash as well.

Only when a delta update is applied the system partition is left in
place and the files added/replaced/deleted.

When using --wipe, or restoring to factory state, it's the the data
partition is formatted instead.

HTH,
--
Michał Sawicz <michal.sawicz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>