Lockout

Is it a glitch?

I've changed the access code for my bq Aquaris E4.5 by way of the Terminal
application and it has broken my brain looking for a solution.

There was a PIN protecting it, and I changed the password with 'passwd' in
Terminal and next time I turned the screen on and off it presented a
numerical keypad but the previous PIN was not recognized.

It is unclear how to proceed. The least time consuming thing I can imagine
is to reset it, but without access it's a problem for someone with more
expertise.

Thanks for whatever tips or links you can provide.

- Ryan Corvidae

Follow ups