Permissions problems trying to use chroot?

I had a nice little vivid chroot working until I tried it just today. Now if I try to chroot into it I get permission denied errors.

My command is:

sudo chroot /home/phablet/vivid-chroot

And it says:

chroot: failed to run command '/bin/bash': permission denied

Also I find that on the command line I can run /bin/ls, but if I copy /bin/ls to ./ls I have no permission to run it. I think this has something to do with the problem.

Basically, can I turn off this behaviour? I know it's there for my protection but it's just getting in my way.

Any way to restore my chroot? I swear this used to work and I haven't deliberately changed anything.

Oh and p.s. how do I copy and paste from the terminal into Dekko?

Follow ups