Re: UI consistency sugestion

On Wed, 4/11/15, Alexander Nilsen <nils1alex@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 Subject: [Ubuntu-phone] UI consistency sugestion
 To: "ubuntu-phone" <ubuntu-phone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Date: Wednesday, 4 November, 2015, 23:13

 Hello.
 I want to raise a suggestion for more consistency in Ubuntu
 Phone user
 interface.
 Particularly 2 UI elements: Back button and menu button.

 Back button is located in left-upper corner, like here in
 Wi-Fi menu
 Stretching the thumb to that corner is not easy (regardless
 left- or
 right-hand usage).
 More natural will be using horisontal swipe from the middle
 of the screen,
 the same way as it's done for shuffling scopes back.

 I think it will work almost everywhere, making interface
 experience more
 streamlined.

Won't that create problems when scrolling around webpages (and many other things)?  I frequently zoom in on webpages and scroll around horizontally, as well as vertically - how will that gesture be differentiated from scrolling the page to the right?