Date: Fri, 6 Nov 2015 03:18:57 -0600
From: kevin.gunn@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: peter.bittner@xxxxxxx
CC: ubuntu-phone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Ubuntu-phone] Convergence (current status for bq devices)

Hi,It's probably important for me to state first and foremost, our unity8/mir releases contain the same code across all of our supported devices. This code is in our the latest images (rc-proposed that is...iirc we _just_ missed the cutoff for stable/OTA7). The 2 primary features are this 1) attaching a bluetooth mouse will put unity8 into windowed mode (regardless of external monitor). 2) attaching an external monitor is supported by the software (and will also put unity8 into windowed mode). All of this will just be part of OTA8.
Besides the software, there is of course a hardware aspect to these features. For a cabled external monitor, I can only speak to Nexus4 & Nexus 7(2013) which have support for slimport (not MHL, they are similar but different specs). And it's been confirmed on this mailing list before, MX4 & BQE4.5 do not have slimport or MHL. As for your BQE5, I am not familiar but would suspect the same wrt slimport and MHL. And as for your bluetooth mouse connection issue with your BQE5, I can't speak to that capability, maybe a bug? or maybe someone else knows...

As for releasing a 15.10 based image, there's no plan to do so. And we're still releasing all of our features into stable-phone-overlay ppa on top of 15.04 - so in reality the 15.04+overlay is "more current" than 15.10 as 15.10 has been closed/frozen for some time now. And what little differs between 15.10 and 15.04+overlay is largely irrelevant for phone.
br,kg