Re: Really good job with battery usage

On Saturday, November 7, 2015 10:36:31 AM CET, Krzysztof Tataradziński wrote:
Dear All,

First of all I want to thank everyone working to get Ubuntu better and
better, especially people worked to provide lower battery consumption.
For me (MX4, latest stable channel, after full wipe) usage while idle
(with GPS on, WiFi and mobile network off) is great. Thanks to that my
phone has still 45% after 65 hours. That's great score! :) Don't get
me wrong - I'm using my phone in normal way, maybe slightly less, but
still - few calls, texting, fast check RSS feeds.

After that short beginning, we came to question: Could anyone clarify
for me what was changed in latest OTA-7 that has really big impact on
battery life (before update, it was hard for me to survive without
charging 1.5 day)?

Best regards,
Krzysztof Tataradziński
https://launchpad.net/~ktatar156

On the BQ 4.5 it seems better too, 106 hours on a full charge.
But there is something odd with the charge graph.. Over 106 hours and still 83% left seems strange. And when it finally died, the graph stays at 0%, while the leve says 17%. so, the improvment needs some more improvment :-)
Kind regards, @

--
Sent using Dekko from my Ubuntu device