Re: [Hardware] BQ Aquaris E5 HD (Ubuntu Edition) not detected as a GSM Modem

El día Tuesday, November 10, 2015 a las 05:10:42AM +0000, cs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx escribió:

> Thanks Matthias
>
> What you said makes sense. Any idea which option provided for an USB
> port in a mobile (like "Connect as Media device", "Connect as storage
> device", "Connect as camera" etc) would enable USB-serial
> communication with a host

I have no idea about this.

> I agree that BQ does not provide that feature, but I would like to
> check with other mobiles, and see if any of them provide the
> opportunity of sending AT commands to device through USB-to-serial
> driver in host

Years ago (1998++) I used mobiles with a RS-232 interface, the Siemens
M55, S68 and the Bosch GSM mobile 908, which allowed sending AT cmds for sending
SMS or running PPP over the link.

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/de.comm.geraete.mobil.siemens/67W3prprbm8
http://markmail.org/download.xqy?id=77l4utmh4riw5hbs&number=1

You can search for such a beast and use an USB-to-serial connector with it.

HIH

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru@xxxxxxxxxxx, 🌐 http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎ +49-176-38902045