It seems to me like a hardware issue.

In my old Nexus 4 the right side wouldn't respond to touch. I tried ubuntu and android roms but the issue remained in all OS. It was a hardware issue.

If you have warranty consider using it.

On Δευτέρα, 16 Νοεμβρίου 2015 8:35:55 Μ.Μ. EET, a5a15447 wrote:
I have had this since I bought my phone. the only way to use it, is in landscape mode. but the phone function wont work in landscape.
currently I use the phone to play podcasts and music till its fixed.
peter richards

----- Original Message -----
From: "Marco Graziotti" <graziottimarco@xxxxxxxxx>
To: "ubuntu-phone" <ubuntu-phone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Marco Graziotti" <graziottimarco@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Monday, November 16, 2015 10:28:36 AM
Subject: [Ubuntu-phone] Meizu MX4 (Arale r6), impossible to use the phone, serious problem using touch screen

Hi list,

I have two Meizu MX4 (Arale r6), from yesterday (15 november 2015) I have a problem with the touch screen. I can't answer to a call, when I try to open an app it seems like the touch surface is shifted, for example: if I touch with my finger an icon in the bottom of the display, the OS open an app placed at the middle of the display.

What did it happen? The other MX4 is having the same problem since yesterday, but in this second case it's not happening always. Are there any updates that we received during the day that didn't require our approval? Why do I have the similar problem in two phones?

Can I send to you a syslog or dmesg? In case, how? And how can I restore my phone? I can't use it like this.

Thank you

Marco Graziotti

--
Sent using Dekko from my Ubuntu device