Re: Ubuntu phone calendar app

Am Mo, 23. Nov, 2015 um 4:22 schrieb Michał Sawicz <michal.sawicz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
W dniu 23.11.2015 o 15:58, Renato Filho pisze:
 In fact this command looks redundant:

text: i18n.tr(currentMonth.toLocaleString(Qt.locale(),i18n.tr("MMMM yyyy")))

 you do not need the extra: i18n.tr(....) covering the result of
 'currentMonth.toLocaleString(Qt.locale(),i18n.tr("MMMM yyyy"))'

besides that everything looks good. I did some tests on my device and
 I did not find any problem, it printed the correct month name in Pt
 BR.

 You can check if you system is using the correct languange by trying
 this command on your terminal: date +%B, it should print the full
 month name in your language.

This is because date formatting shouldn't be used here. There's a
separate method for standaloneMonthName [1] as opposed to possessive,
which is used in date formatting.

Check out the sample code [2].

[1] http://doc.qt.io/qt-5/qml-qtqml-locale.html#standaloneMonthName-method
[2] http://pastebin.ubuntu.com/13477242/

Hi all,

Even though this doesn't affect me at all, I found it a bit sad that it was lying around with no bug report anywhere. So I filed one and proposed a fix for the issue. Thank you for the hint, Michał!

You can follow the progress here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-calendar-app/+bug/1522569 And here: https://code.launchpad.net/~nikwen/ubuntu-calendar-app/fix-standalone-month-name-i18n/+merge/279509

Next time when you have an issue with an app, file a bug report for it. Instead of posting it to this list, go ahead and post it where the developers are going to listen: on the bug tracker on Launchpad. I guess that none of the calendar app developers even saw this message or they would probably have replied.

Cheers,
Niklas