Re: I have deleted my OS

Hi Alexandre,

Am 12/08/2015 um 05:13 PM schrieb Alexandre:
> (Sorry for my English)
>
>     So, when i update my ubuntu phone to OTA8, this operation wasn't
> completed (around 80%). I decide to achieve this update. But i delete my
> OS and the recovery mode script…i don't manage to upload a new OS image.

I'm not sure I understand what happened exactly:

Did you update the phone to OTA-8 using the normal update mechanism on
the phone, and it broke for some reason, e.g. because you turned off the
phone while the update was being applied?

Or did you use ubuntu-device-flash to update the phone, and something
broke during the process?

What exactly is now broken, and what still works? Can you still enter
into the Bootloader and select Fastboot mode?

> - with linux, the phone is connected but SP flash tool don't have the
> MX4 phone on this library.

SP Flash Tool should only be used in "extreme" cases and is not meant
for general use. You can actually brick your phone if you use it in the
wrong way. If you can still enter Fastboot mode, you can just follow the
instructions on
https://developer.ubuntu.com/en/start/ubuntu-for-devices/installing-ubuntu-for-devices/
. The important commands to perform on your Ubuntu desktop are:

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-sdk-team/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install ubuntu-device-flash
ubuntu-device-flash touch --bootstrap

This should automatically detect your device as "arale" (the internal
codename for the MX4) and install the latest stable OS image, which is
OTA-8. NOTE: This will delete all your data on the device.

cheers,
Simon