Re: how to popup a message box on screen

On 11-12-15 19:35, sturmflut wrote:
Dear list,

Am 12/09/2015 um 11:10 AM schrieb Matthias Apitz:

How can I pop-up in parallel a message box on the screen with some text
like "Battery drain! Re-boot NOW and re-charge!", if possible together
with an OK button which fires up "sudo reboot"?

This is an excellent question, can anybody answer it?

What I do is, I have a few self written .desktop files that point to self written .sh files and in the script I have something like

notify-send "Message" "Some more text"

which shows up as a notification. I know of no way to get the ok button or how to trigger the reboot. Also, I'm not sure whether triggering such a notification from a cron job is any more difficult.