Re: Read write mode

On 2015-12-21 05:18 , Eric wrote:
> Hello. I have been considering starting doing some work on the OS from
> the device. To enter read write mode, what command do I use?

There are some instructions here:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/380258/how-to-change-the-ubuntu-installation-to-read-write-mode-on-a-mobile-device/380259#380259

 1. Ensure your device is connected to the host computer via USB,
    Developer Mode is enabled and the screen is unlocked.
 2.

    Start a terminal on your host computer with (Ctrl+Alt+t) and run the
    following command:

    |phablet-config writable-image |

> Questions:
> 1) what adverse effects will I experience?

When an OTA arrives it's quite possible that it could badly interact
with changes you've made.  You would then have to reflash the device.

> 2) how would I go back to Read Only?

Reflash the device (losing all data on the phone).

> 3) when going back to Read Only, would I lose my changes?

Yes.

> 4) would I recieve OTA updates while in Read Write?

Yes.

> 5) if I would still receive OTAs, would they overwrite my changes?

Yes.

I considered doing this and then decided it was too inconvenient.  I had
some questions but they haven't yet been answered:

http://askubuntu.com/questions/634537/what-are-the-tradeoffs-of-read-write-mode-on-ubuntu-touch