Re: Old Phone as a home server

Unfortunately nexus 4 does not support usb host to connect mouse/keyboard:
https://android.googlesource.com/device/lge/mako/+/fe9f2793424c61588c093df951733347d0d24df4%5E!/#F0

So I will have to find a way to prepare ubuntu image before I flash it to
have no activation screen and ready to accept adb connections.

As to flashing ubuntu core, I was not able to find anything useful, except
some images here:
http://cdimage.ubuntu.com/ubuntu-core/daily-preinstalled/current/

And some info here:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Nexus7/Installation

On Fri, Dec 18, 2015 at 8:02 AM, Boris Rybalkin <ribalkin@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Thanks I will check the video.
> Actually I do not need apt-get, we are following the same idea of self
> contained apps, so all dependencies are repackaged and stored within apps
> (/opt/app)
> So far we have ownCloud and diaspora.
> All I need is systemd.
> On 18 Dec 2015 01:49, "Nikos Chatziioakimidis" <
> nchatziioakimidis@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> You may want to watch this video:
>> http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=pur-e0eZR80
>>
>> However using Nexus 4 as a server with ubuntu touch you should make the
>> filesystem writable and start using apt-get. But by doing so you are taking
>> a path that isn't tested and propably is going to mesh the software at some
>> point.
>>
>> It would be intresting if you could flash ubuntu snappy core but I don't
>> known if it is possible.
>>

>> On Παρασκευή, 18 Δεκεμβρίου 2015 1:59:20 Π.Μ. EET, Boris Rybalkin wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I would like to convert my old phone nexus 4 into a home server. I was
>>> able
>>> to flash Ubuntu phone image on it, but as its screen is broken I cannot
>>> touch it (it does not react, like read only :))
>>>
>>> So couple of questions:
>>> 1. Is it possible to modify an image before writing it so it is
>>> initialized
>>> with user sand I can ssh to it right after flashing?
>>> 2. Also do you have plans to migrate to systemd as my home server
>>> project (
>>> syncloud.org) uses it to run services and I would like to run it on the