Re: VPN support (OpenVPN only)

On 07/01/2016 16:12, Pete Woods wrote:
On Wed, Jan 6, 2016 at 8:54 PM, Carla Gmail <carla.sella@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:carla.sella@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    [...]

    Hello Pete,

    I use a VPN connection with my office at work very often from my
    Ubuntu desktop PC and it works fine.
    I have tried to do the same on my Bq Acquaris 4.5 device that has
    image Ubuntu 15.04 (r222) with your app, but it does not work.
    Everything is the same except that it looks like the password is
    not saved in the general tab (the password field under the
    username one) and in the security tab i do not find "AES-256-CBC"
    to select but I find "AES-256-CBC-HMAC-SHA1", not sure if it is
    the same thing (on my desktop PC I have Cipher: AES-256-CBC and
    HMAC Autehntication SHA-1).
    The logs lool quite weired for me :) ("This is normaly a bug in
    some application using the D-Bus library") but I them in pastebin
    if it can help: http://paste.ubuntu.com/14424046/.

Hi Carla,

Thanks for your detailed debugging. I already have a MR waiting to land to add the missing AES-256 option (a simple oversight by me when implementing this).

I've just set up a password-based OpenVPN server myself, and can confirm I see the same behaviour on my devices. It looks like we might not have a service running on the phone for storing user secrets like we do on the desktop (gnome-keyring, I think).

Unfortunately the logfile you pasted is (I think) just noise from the QtMir plugin - my app doesn't appear to be emitting any errors. The contents of indicator-network.log would be helpful to confirm you are seeing the same as me. I would expect to see "No agents were available for this request" or something along those lines.

Cheers, Pete

Hello Pete,
Thanks for your help.
I am attaching the log of indicator-network.log, hope it helps.
Carla

--
Carla Sella
email: carla.sella@xxxxxxxxx