Landing team 15.01.16

Hello everyone,

Happy final freeze day! That being said, we are still not entirely ready
for release with at least 4 additional silos required before we can get
a satisfying candidate built. We're also waiting for a new music-app
click release - there's still [1] that needs attention. From what I know
it's now in QA's hands.

So far we only had a limited amount of landings: a new release of
camera-app + qtubuntu-camera (click will be released to the store once
translations of new strings are in place) and a crash-fix for dbus-cpp.
More to land soon.

Tomorrow around 3 UTC an automated rc-proposed image will be built that
will become our first release candidate for OTA-9. We will snapshot the
overlay-ppa state for the image on Monday. There will be likely some
re-spins still, but please try to get all that's needed landed by the
time of the build. As a reminder, the planned OTA-9 release is 27th of
January.
Shortly after OTA-9 we are considering another hotfix release - OTA-9.5.
But more on that after we've cleared the current OTA-9 milestone [2].

>From other news, we are also happy to see the Ubuntu Scopes Showdown
being announced. Please check out David's earlier e-mail on this mailing
list for details!

Have a great weekend.

[1] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/media-hub/+bug/1534172
[2]
https://launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+milestone/ww02-2016

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch

#231 rc-proposed/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris.en/krillin/231.commitlog
#225 rc-proposed/vegetahd
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris.en/vegetahd/225.commitlog
#220 rc-proposed/arale
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/meizu.en/arale/220.commitlog

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/Smoketesting
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/ReleaseSchedule
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

https://requests.ci-train.ubuntu.com/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://lists.launchpad.net/landing-team-changes/

* Blocking issues (stable):

** Delay of approx. 60 seconds when an outgoing call is innitiated by
the IN CAR bluetooth system
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1533716
 => Merge requests present

* Blocking issues (devel):

** Delay of approx. 60 seconds when an outgoing call is innitiated by
the IN CAR bluetooth system
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1533716
 => Merge requests present

* Issues in need of attention:

** Install the calendar app by default
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1418986

** Install the Dekko email app by default
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1477210

** [regression] mouse pointer support on emulator is broken
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1517597

Best regards,

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak