Re: Mobile data switch on Network Indicator

* Selene Scriven <selene.scriven@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> * linuxgehtned@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <linuxgehtned@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > +1, too.
> >
> > Am Donnerstag, 21. Januar 2016 09:17:07 CET schrieb Richard Somlói:
> > >I also think It's a good idea, so +1.
>
> It means more if you +1 the bug.  :)
>
> https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/indicator-network/+bug/1373463

In any case, sometimes it's nice having the option to make a
smartphone behave like a dumb phone.  Calls, texts, and nothing
else.  Maybe some offline PDA-style apps too.  Not only does it
get rid of annoying notifications and reduce data use and keep
apps from "phoning home", it also extends battery life.  All
without interfering with basic phone functions like calls and
texts.

I find it makes a good default state, with other features enabled
only briefly when the user requests them.

-- Selene