Re: Automatic sync calendar, gmail

> On Jan 23, 2016, at 7:46 AM, Krzysztof Tataradziński <ktatar156@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
> Hello,
>
> Short problem: Gmail pools server from time to time to check if there are some new e-mails? What about Calendar app - does it automatically sync with server in some short time periods or after every change I must use 'sync' button in options? Does it sync with google server calendar, even app is closed?
> Global problem: Good approach would be if in apps (especially core apps) we can find tips like
> 'to sync your calendar with server, use 'sync' button'
> 'you calendar will be automatically synced with server'
> 'weather data automatically refresh every hour/every app open',
> etc.
> In Android I know all my core (Google's) apps/widgets are auto synced with servers; in Ubuntu I don't know where I should manually try to sync/refresh data in app/scope or where I can rely on automatic sync.

Good points, I agree it's not very clear. Google calendar will be automatically synced if you modify or add a new Google calendar event in the ubuntu calendar app. Otherwise you need to press the sync button in the app to manually sync changes that were made on the server outside of the calendar app. Same logic applies to Google contact sync.

Gmail is a different story. New messages are polled for by account-polld every five minutes.

Bill