Re: The problem with running a command-line tool

On 25.01.2016 10:49, rasoolentertainment@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hello
> I'm having trouble with command-line tools on the Nexus 4
> For example:
> When I am working with music app, if the screen turn off the phone, do
> not stop. But if you listen to my music with mocp, after the screen
> turns off, the program stop.
> As well as with tools like ssh, cron, bash, aria2 & ...
> Only when the phone is charging, if the screen turn off the phone, no
> problem.

This does sound to me like you've already added a lifecycle exception
for the terminal-app, for example using tweakgeek or gsettings directly.

> Whether this is normal? Or a bug?

What you're seeing here is the device going to deep sleep (it powers
down most of the hardware) which is fully intentional. This is done in
order to save battery life.

> I saw syslog. Then the screen turns off, putting the phone freezes.
> Unspecifies was out at the time of the freeze. And again after a few
> minutes was automatically frozen.

You can manually disable it using powerd-cli. Use "powerd-cli --help" to
see available options.

Br,
Michael