Re: Remote control phone?

On 27. 1. 2016 14:33, Gareth France wrote:
On 27/01/16 09:46, Peter Valachovic wrote:
ok so if you connect the mouse (usb or bt) and unlock the phone then the solution is quite easy, that way you can also turn on wifi and download update through control panel, or am I missing something?

that's how I have resolved the problem on my phone back when there was this issue with touch screen and buttons were not responding

Peter V
Well, if using a bluetooth device the problem would be that I would need to unlock the phone in order to pair them wouldn't I?

However, through the magic of USB I now once again have full access to my phone. The ease of accomplishing this is astonishing and I do wonder how many non-ubuntu devices would have this feature.

One issue however is that everything I type on the phone using the mouse is ddoouubblleedd. Every letter typed comes up twice. Any ideas why?

Great so you can actually go through to the OTA 9 :D

regarding double typing by mouse, I don't have this experience since I am actually using usb hub with keyboard and mouse together, anyway maybe reporting it ad a bug on launchpad may be useful

Peter V