Re: Landing team 27.01.16

Hi Peter,

On 28 January 2016 at 10:18, Peter Valachovic
<peter.valachovic@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> regarding this I would like to kindly ask what are the plans on field of
> tablet with ubuntu touch.

We're still working on the software for Ubuntu on tablets.

> Because I saw article about bq may have something prepared
> (http://tabletzona.es/2016/01/19/bq-tablet-ubuntu-mwc/) but I haven't found
> any mention about it on canonical side.

It's not up to us to announce hardware devices. We "just" make the
software, and our partners announce hardware when they're ready to.

> Personally I think best candidate from hardware point of view is nvidia
> shield k1, which seems to be able to run even desktop version of ubuntu, but
> hardware is not the only decision player I guess; then even if not
> officially, is there community attempt for building touch on K1? (not found
> in devices list on wiki) because the drivers seems to be available
> (https://developer.nvidia.com/shield-open-source) or is there any other
> problem with it which I have missed?

I'm not aware of anyone working on a K1 port.

Alan Pope
Community Manager

Canonical - Ubuntu Engineering and Services
+44 (0) 7973 620 164
alan.pope@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://ubuntu.com/