Re: GPS

On 28.01.2016 14:21, Alberto Mardegan wrote:
> On 28/01/2016 15:36, Michael Zanetti wrote:
>> Funny enough, the HERE webapp is the only thing that actually
>> manages to get a GPS fix for me. I haven't ever seen a GPS fix in
>> OSMScout or any other app.
>
> It shouldn't make any difference, which app you are using. It may be
> that the only thing that changes is how you use the phone while
> location service is on:
>
> - The app must be active on the foreground, and the screen must be on
> - For AGPS to work, you need to have WIFI on and be connected to the
> internet (either wifi or cellular data, it doesn't matter)

Yes, that's what I would think too. But well, not what my device agrees
with... I just opened Here. It loaded, 3 secs later it painted where I
am. I closed it again, opened OSMScout and well, in the meantime I've
typed this mail with the display on and OSMScout in foreground and it
still thinks I'm sitting on the north pole...