Re: How to transfer music to the phone?

That's the expected result. It's a security feature that prevents unauthorized access of your phone's data :)
      From: Ferdinand Holzner <ferdnandholzner@xxxxxxxxx>
 To: ubuntu.mexon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: Ubuntu Phone <ubuntu-phone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
 Sent: Thursday, January 28, 2016 4:38 PM
 Subject: Re: [Ubuntu-phone] How to transfer music to the phone?

I observed that the folder only appears, if i turn on the screen and unlock it. At least on Windows and Linux.

I just installed OTA 9 (finally! Bug #1538793) and thought it would be
fun to set a ringtone.  I fired up the Music app and it says:

> No music found
>
> Connect your device to any computer and simply drag files to the Music
folder or insert removable media with music.

So... isn't that a bit optimistic?  I think I have managed to get my
Macbook talking to my MX4 in the past using the command line and adb,
but that was not simple.  Certainly when I plug my phone into my
computer no folders appear.  What process is actually being described in
that message?  As I understand it, mounting phones as normal volumes is
a thing that isn't done any more, instead there's a separate file
transfer protocol which of course requires dedicated software on the
computer end.