Re: UMS instead of MTP

Hi Ferdinand.

I' m using Linux Mint and OpenSuse.

I have the issue with LM. RAndomly does not connect or, if connected,
disconnects suddently.

Is not a HW issue as OpenSuse on the same laptop does not fail.

And both systems are updated. May be some bug...

Thanks.
Marcos

El sábado, 30 de enero de 2016, Ferdinand Holzner <
ferdinandholzner@xxxxxxxxx> escribió:
> Hi there,
>
> never had any problems with Ubuntu Phone using MTP. Do you use Ubuntu on
Desktop too? Which version is it? Maybe there is an update for that.

> As far as i know there is only MTP supported. Just like on any modern
Android phone too. Well.. you could also use adb. But it's not very user
friendly. :D

> Am 30.01.2016 um 12:20 schrieb Marcos Alonso:
>
> Hi to all.
>
> Any of you know if it is feasible to connect to the PC through the USB
cable using UMS (USB Mass Storage) instead of MTP (Media Transfer Protocol)?

> I know MTP has some benefits in terms of safety but I jst connect to my
PC and I' m tired of how bad MTP performs in Linux.