Re: UMS instead of MTP

Ok, i know there were some problems with MTP some time ago. I'm not sure which version it was... However, in Ubuntu 15.10 it seems to be fixed. So i guess having the equivalent to that from Linux Mint could deliver this fix too. What version do you have? You can find out with this console command:

lsb_release -a

17.3 should be the most recent version. I didn't follow the update cycle of Linux Mint, so i don't know how recent it is compared to Ubuntu.

Please also keep in mind, that the display of the phone must be on and unlocked. Otherwise it won't connect. I'm not quite sure yet, but maybe it also disconnects after some time if the screen goes off. Apparently that's a security feature.