Re: [Challenge] Ebook reader

On Mon, February 1, 2016 8:19 pm, Robert Schroll wrote:

> As someone who actually has built an ebook reader for the Ubuntu phone
> [1], I figured I might have some insight here.

Wow. Thanks for such a comprehensive reply and series of links. It is nice
to see my frustrations with the platform are shared, although the pace of
change is not optimistic. I'm coming to the conclusion that the app
confinement model does not work and will not work for the foreseeable
future. It seems that the most useful core apps have additional apparmor
blessings which are not available to ordinary devs using the default
store, and the frameworks system is not mature enough to fill the gaps. In
the meantime, development focus appears to have switched to convergence
and responsive design. Whilst these are exciting, I'd rather see basics
like SD card support.

NMP