Re: [Challenge] Ebook reader

On Mon, Feb 1, 2016 at 6:04 PM, Neil McPhail <neil@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
 It seems that the most useful core apps have additional apparmor
blessings which are not available to ordinary devs using the default
store,

This is perhaps the most frustrating part of the whole experience. Beru is not fundamentally different than the document viewer or the gallery. These apps faced the same difficulties in sharing data that I did with Beru. But instead of figuring out how to solve these problems in a general, extensible way, we just special-cased them and moved on. These apps could have provided valuable dog-fooding experiences and useful reference code. Instead, they're red herrings to confuse developers new to the platform.

And yes, I know that these restrictions are only in the default store and we could yadda yadda freedom GPL copyleft. But I think we all know that this isn't *really* a solution.

Robert