Re: mediaplayer-app occupies full screen

On Tuesday, 2 February 2016 16:34:37 CET, Rodney Dawes wrote:
The mediaplayer-app is full screen because it's the app for playing
videos. If you only have audio and want it in the background, you should
instead look into just using the mediahub API to play the stream. If
this is a podcast, you might be able to use the Podbird app to listen to
it instead.

Thanks for the answer. Could you please be so kind an provide a workin shell script example, to be launched from the terminal-app, for the URL I gave:

cat df.sh
# play D-radio sream
ubuntu-app-launch mediaplayer-app http://stream.dradio.de/7/251/142684/v1/gnl.akacast.akamaistream.net/dradio_mp3_dlf_s

I could not manage to get podbird-app to replace mediaplayer-app, it complains about some missing keyfile, and doe not play the stream.

Thanks in advance.

Please note, the stream is audio only, no video. Why mediaplayer-app
does occupy the full screen? I'd like to see at least the status
indicator bar on top of the BQ E4.5. Is there some how an option to
control this?

Thanks

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru@xxxxxxxxxxx, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/ ☎ +49-176-38902045
UNIX since V7 on PDP-11 | UNIX on mainframe since ESER 1055 (IBM /370)

--
Sent from my Ubuntu phone
http://www.unixarea.de/