Re: mediaplayer-app occupies full screen

On Tue, 2016-02-02 at 17:26 +0100, Matthias Apitz wrote:
> On Tuesday, 2 February 2016 16:34:37 CET, Rodney Dawes wrote:
> > The mediaplayer-app is full screen because it's the app for playing
> > videos. If you only have audio and want it in the background, you should
> > instead look into just using the mediahub API to play the stream. If
> > this is a podcast, you might be able to use the Podbird app to listen to
> > it instead.
> >

> Thanks for the answer. Could you please be so kind an provide a workin
> shell script example, to be launched from the terminal-app, for the URL I
> gave:
>
> >> cat df.sh
> >> # play D-radio sream
> >> ubuntu-app-launch mediaplayer-app
> >> http://stream.dradio.de/7/251/142684/v1/gnl.akacast.akamaistream.net/dradio_mp3_dlf_s
>
> I could not manage to get podbird-app to replace mediaplayer-app, it
> complains about some missing keyfile, and doe not play the stream.

I meant, use Podbird to manage your podcast subscriptions, not to try to
launch it with the stream URL simply by replacing mediaplayer-app with
it in your command. Install the app from the store, and add the podcast
to it which youa re trying to listen to (the rss podcast icon on its web
site).