Landing team 02.02.16

Hello everyone,

Work on OTA-9.5 continues. As already mentioned yesterday we will most
probably have to delay this release. We are still not ready
bugfix/feature-wise, so we won't be able to get everything landed and
tested by the deadlines we set - too many complications popped up during
the process. Also, next week QA will be busy with 14.04.2 testing which
can additionally slow things down.

Therefore, please do not take the current OTA-9.5 release date too
seriously for now as we are almost certain we'll have to release later.
Currently it's even unlikely we'll manage to finish next week. This is a
hotfix point-release so the general rule is: it'll be ready when it's
ready. No use in an OTA update not fixing the critical issues!

We will be preparing one preliminary candidate image around tomorrow
afternoon, but we already know this will not be the final image for this
release.
As for all our rc-proposed changes, seeing the changelogs and commitlogs
for images a lot of good convergence fixes are landing - things seem to
be shaping up pretty nicely for the future.

As a final note: we will also be finally updating the bq-aquaris.en mako
custom tarball this week as the current one is horribly outdated
(reported to us multiple times). This is only a temporary solution as
really the mako device should not exist in a BQ channel (doesn't make
sense!) - this is a leftover from older times when the channel layout
was different. In the near future we will simply be migrating all users
from this channel to another.

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch

#249 rc-proposed/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris.en/krillin/249.commitlog

#243 rc-proposed/vegetahd
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris.en/vegetahd/243.commitlog

#238 rc-proposed/arale
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/meizu.en/arale/238.commitlog

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/Smoketesting
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/ReleaseSchedule
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

https://requests.ci-train.ubuntu.com/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://lists.launchpad.net/landing-team-changes/

* Blocking issues (stable):

** Remove Phone and Messaging apps from favorites
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1536665

** Final configuration for app favorites and launcher
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1536674

** Fix the user login experience on the greeter
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1536714
 => Merge requests present

* Blocking issues (devel):

None.

* Issues in need of attention:

** Install the calendar app by default
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1418986

** Install the Dekko email app by default
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1477210

** [regression] mouse pointer support on emulator is broken
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1517597

** Unity8 is crashing in the emulator
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1535583

Best regards,