Push API

How does Ubuntu's Push API relate to the new W3C Push API? I just saw
support for this has been added to Firefox.

https://www.w3.org/TR/push-api/

Please correct me if I'm wrong, but at the moment I believe Ubuntu has
a custom Push notification service, which requires any service wanting
to use push notifications on Ubuntu to implement a custom solution for
this specific platform. Realistically, this doesn't happen, and our
selection of available providers is limited to those that Canonical
implement themselves.

If the platform were to use this new standard, we would only need
providers to implement Push notifications for this standard, and it
would be available for all platforms. At a brief look through the
standard, while it talks about webapps, I don't see anything that would
stop it being used for regular apps, such as email push notifications
for Dekko etc.

Is this something being looked at?