Landing team 17.02.16

Hello everyone,

Our OTA-9.1 adventure continues. In the morning we have prepared another
re-spin including the urgent fix for the recent glibc vulnerability [1].
This, of course, should not affect our final release date planned for
next week.
The same fix has also landed to the overlay-ppa, meaning it should be
present in the rc-proposed channel images as soon as the nearest build
finishes.

Besides that we also we had a steady dosage of OTA-10 landings: a new
unity-system-compositor (orienting the spinner as per native
orientation), a new indicator-network and a crasher fix for libgcrypt20.
We also updated the touch seeds, adding gnome-keyring for enabling VPN
password storage and a change removing liboxideqt-qmlplugin from the
seeds (as it's being pulled in as a dependency anyway) - which should
fix some of the recent chroot generation issues.

As for OTA-10 itself - well, due to various reasons the final release
date will have to be delayed a bit later than we originally anticipated.
We wouldn't want to say anything for certain right now (too many
variables), but the nearest expected date would be somewhere near end of
March. Apologies for that - so many things going on right now!

Cheers.

[1] http://www.ubuntu.com/usn/usn-2900-1/

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch

#260 rc-proposed/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris.en/krillin/260.commitlog

#254 rc-proposed/vegetahd
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris.en/vegetahd/254.commitlog

#249 rc-proposed/arale
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/meizu.en/arale/249.commitlog

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/Smoketesting
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/ReleaseSchedule
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

https://requests.ci-train.ubuntu.com/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://lists.launchpad.net/landing-team-changes/

* Blocking issues (stable):

None.

* Blocking issues (devel):

None.

* Issues in need of attention:

** Install the calendar app by default
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1418986

** Install the Dekko email app by default
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1477210

** [regression] mouse pointer support on emulator is broken
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1517597

** Unity8 is crashing in the emulator
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1535583

Best regards,