Re: Shashlik running Android apps on Linux

Sorry, I forgot to respond to your second question (and email address).

> And if you can run android apps, why would they be bothered to write a native app.

Maybe for the same reason why not every organization chooses to
implement their apps using Cordova. Because on an attractive platform
I want to offer the best available integration possible. Not a
mediocre, "working one", which could be sufficient to some suffering
user souls though.

Attractive. That was my point in mentioning "differentiation". This
argument has been discussed on the list before.

@Mark Re Tox [2], I think I saw that before. But what (current)
user-facing problems does it solve (apart from Edward Snowden's secure
messaging, which *is* important, acknowledged)? Will my wife stop
bugging me with "can you finally install Wattsup on your damn fone?"

Seriously, integrating all those communication features, including
generic SIP and XMPP, seamlessly in Ubuntu Phone would be awesome.
That would be a very promising way to go, probably.

We don't need extra clients if it's really as advertised, "The
relationship of The Tox Project to Tox is analogous to the Linux
Foundation's relationship to Linux." [3], let's go for integration if
it's that good. What we don't need is another messaging client. We
already have Telegram. And the contacts for our kids' sports
appointments are not on there, unfortunately.

Peter

[2] https://tox.chat/
[3] https://tox.chat/about.html (at the bottom of the page)