GPS/location and other background processing

Hello,

could anyone from Canonical give us the official statement about getting
location updates in background/while screen is off?
I know, for now there is no possibility to do that; and we all know that is
blocking a lot of apps to be more useful or to save battery life (sport
trackers or navi apps should have possibility to work with screen turned
off - very useful on long distances (by auto turning screen on (like Google
Maps) only if there is a need)). I've e-mailed one guy about his app and he
told me that he will continue developing his app when features mentioned
before will be available. I found some bug here
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu-application-lifecycle/+bug/1502078
but there isn't any milestone set.
So Canonical/Ubuntu Team, please tell us is there any plan to implement
that? If Yes, is there any approximated deadline for that?

Second question regarding GPS - is there any way to get detailed info about
location? I mean data like satellites that our phone 'catched' and their
position. Is that also in scope of Canonical/Ubuntu team?

Best regards,
Krzysztof Tataradziński
https://launchpad.net/~ktatar156

Follow ups