Re: Interruptions. When?

As someone who absolutely despises notifications most of the time, I would
welcome this if done in a smart and simple way. One thing that has annoyed
me on iOS that I wish it would do is the following:

1. Notifications start streaming in when you've unlocked the screen from a
period of being off. They include things like several email notifications
in a row.
2. If I intentionally swipe the notification bubble away, that means for me
that I don't want any of the other notifications to pop up. We should be
able to do something like this.

I'd like to be able to set up slightly more intelligent do-not-disturb
profiles for different times of the day. Some examples:

1. While I'm sleep I only want to receive phone calls from those on my
favorite list, only on the second call. Everything else should be silenced.
This would be a sleep profile for me.
2. For a work time profile, I'd like to be able to explicitly whitelist
certain applications and people who can interrupt me with a notification.
Adding this alone would be amazing. Right now I'm forced to use the
one-size-fits-all do-not-disturb mode.

These are some of my thoughts. I think our notifications could even go a
few steps further and perhaps even do some real learning from behavioral
patterns of the user.

Cheers,
Jim