alternative to XMLHttpRequest ?

Hi!

I am writing a soundcloud client and the issue I am seeing right now is
that the response with 302 status is automatically redirected, this is fine
in most cases but for me, it ends up downloading the whole track to some
unknown location. I don't want that since I want to stream the track and
not download it completely before playing it.

I googled around and came across this[1]. What alternatives do I have ?
Shall I implement the internet part in c++ or is there an alternative
to XMLHttpRequest which does not redirect 302 responses ?

NB: I am not an expert of JS, rather a newbie.

Thanks!

[1]
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/228225/prevent-redirection-of-xmlhttprequest

Follow ups