Re: E5 OOB exerience

On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 10:30 AM, Michi Henning
<michi.henning@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> This is starting to look like there is something seriously wrong with input in general, for any text input field. For example, when I simply press and hold down the backspace key, the phone madly types random letters, and I can here the vibrator humming like crazy. So, is this a software issue, or do I simply have a phone with a bad touch screen?

You should take this to IRC or somewhere to chat with someone who
knows about OSK, mailing list is a hard place to debug things. Your
OSK seems really misbehaving, completely abnormal. It may be related
to some of the other problems you're having too.

As for the other problems, I believe the biggest problem in addition
to your hw specific problem(s) was shipping with ancient software to
you. That won't happen with the new products, but if that was a recent
purchase (not known in your case) I think the factory images really
should get upgraded occasionally. Even if OTA-9 does not fix all the
problems or feature gaps in the world, it does fix a truck/shipload of
those. OTA-10 will also bring lots of new things and fixes.

You need to set the timezone in date&time settings yourself, NITZ
support isn't available AFAIK yet although I don't find a bug now so
I'm not sure.

Wifi problem is something specific to your case like OSK, it's also
something most people have no problems with as far as I know. MTP as a
protocol is not very well suited for mass transfers in my experience,
but using VMWare could hinder it too. I haven't had big problems
myself, mainly when copying photos in and out on Ubuntu.

Most of your issues seem atypical (aside from whatever OOB experience
with ancient software) and should be debugged one by one. There are
also real problems, slowdown bugs and feature gaps (like that NITZ)
but yours are something else.

-Timo