Re: Clear webapp cache

On Tue, 2016-03-22 at 09:53 -0400, Alexandre Abreu wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 21, 2016 at 9:13 AM, Ferdinand Holzner
> gmail.com> wrote:
> > is it possible to clear the webapp cache, if something goes wrong?
> >
> > Sometimes i have trouble with the twitter webapp. It crashes and i
> > think the only way to resolve this, is to clear the cache.
> As Olivier said it is not possible and not in the works at the moment
> to have
> an option to clear those,
>
> On an other level, webapps at an individual level can be setup to
> erase their own cache
> upon reinstall or uninstall but it is not the case for twitter,
>
> One thing though is that it could be beneficial to indeed have per
> webapp settings (a la webbrowser-app),
> that allow this, I'll make sure to talk to design about this and
> follow up on that,
I think that it probably makes more sense to have this at the system
settings level than being webapp specific. All apps have caches that
perhaps, in trying to fix the app, one would want to clear. They also
have data/config that we should probably also expose a way to clear.
I'd go further and say that if an app crashes, we might even suggest
those things to a user as a way to get it working again. For sure, no
app should crash, but that doesn't mean we can't try and be as helpful
as possible when it does happen.
Ted