Re: How to backup

The flash is now completed and my files restored, however contacts are still empty and my call history worked. I wonder what's happened there?

I can confirm that at first glance my system is a lot snappier than it has been recently. Though there is still a massive lag while attempting to load contacts or calling up the dialler. Sometimes touch seems to fail, as in the lock screen won't swipe or I can't type in my pin or call up the launcher. I have to use the power button to suspend the phone before it will respond.