Landing team 23.03.16

Hello everyone!

A really busy landing day today - but also a very fruitful one in the
end. First of all, QA finally gave a +1 on the release of the big
out-of-the-box experience Unity8 silo with all the new goodies. It was a
huge landing touching multiple components (unity8, qtubuntu,
indicator-datetime, unity-scopes-api etc.). Just some of the new
features: new dash navigation, hardware keyboard layouts support,
desktop mode toggle, new side-stage for tablet and many more.

This, of course, was not the only landing happening today. We also had:
a new qtbase distro-patch, bugfix in ubuntu-system-settings for
bluetooth pairing, new libertine, a new webbrowser-app (fixing google
maps on tablet form-factors), a point-release of mir (crash fix), new
shadow package and a bugfix for address-book-app.

This week (EOW) is Final Freeze for OTA-10. Normally it's planned for
Friday but since it's a holiday for multiple countries, we request
everyone to have all the needed changes in by the end of tomorrow.

>From other news: we changed the weekly language-pack auto-uploads timing
to happen on every Friday evening. This schedule fits better to our
current release schedule, allowing us to build the first candidate image
with the latest translations. Speaking of which - since we had quite a
lot of important landings recently, please be sure to check if
translations of your language work as expected on rc-proposed. If not -
please help out and submit translations! Thanks!

https://translations.launchpad.net/ubuntu-rtm/15.04

Cheers!

* What landed in our images:
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch

#290 rc-proposed/krillin
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris.en/krillin/290.commitlog

#284 rc-proposed/vegetahd
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/bq-aquaris.en/vegetahd/284.commitlog

#283 rc-proposed/arale
-
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/landing-team/ubuntu-touch/rc-proposed/meizu.en/arale/283.commitlog

* Some useful documentation:
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/RTMLandingApproaches
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/citrain/LandingProcess
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/Smoketesting
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/LandingTeam/ReleaseSchedule
http://developer.ubuntu.com/start/ubuntu-for-devices/image-channels/

https://requests.ci-train.ubuntu.com/
https://trello.com/b/AE3swczu/silo-testing
http://people.canonical.com/~lzemczak/issues/
https://lists.launchpad.net/landing-team-changes/

* Blocking issues (stable):

** unity8 hang w/ CPU pegged (needs more detail)
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/unity8/+bug/1560188

* Blocking issues (devel):

** devel-proposed - android lxc container fails to start
https://bugs.launchpad.net/canonical-devices-system-image/+bug/1551150

* Issues in need of attention:

** Install the calendar app by default
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1418986

** Install the Dekko email app by default
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1477210

** Manually installed apps removed by new system image
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1558032

--
Łukasz 'sil2100' Zemczak
 Foundations Team