How to flash (was: Re: How to backup)

El día Wednesday, March 23, 2016 a las 03:36:44PM +0200, Zoltán Balogh escribió:

> If you do not explicitly request the ubuntu-device-flash to wipe (with
> --wipe) the device  then the /userdata is not touched by the flashing.

I have checked the man page of the ubuntu-device-flash in

http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/xenial/man1/ubuntu-device-flash.1.html

and this supports what you say about '--wipe'. But, some days ago I have
had to flash a device and it seems that '--bootstrap' removes the
content from /userdata too, even if the above man page does not give any
indication about this. Any hints?

With more time, I will check a flashing again for this.

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz, ✉ guru@xxxxxxxxxxx, ⌂ http://www.unixarea.de/  ☎ +49-176-38902045