Re: How to backup

El jueves, 24 de marzo de 2016 13:25:54 (CET), Heroldich Robin <robinhero@xxxxxxxxxx> escribió:
Hey,

I created a .tar.gz from my /userdata/ folder, then I copied it to my computer and deleted it on my phone. But how can I restore it? I flased my phone wit --wipe and --bootsrap options, so only the default things are in the /userdata folder. I copied the .tar.gz to Download. But with this I only has 1.5 GB free space, what is not enough to uncompress it. It is a Nexus4, so there's no SD card, just the internal storage. Can I somehow uncompress it via SSH?

yes, run something like this:

ssh phablet@ipaddr tar xzf -  < file.tar.gz

having the file.tar.gz on the host, not on the phone,

depending of the structure of your file.tar.gz use a flag in tar to change the
directory to which the files should go.

matthias

--
Sent from my Ubuntu phone